Thursday, May 6, 2010

Cats


Again today I saw a medium size wild cat. This time it was at the opposite end of the land, coming up from my waste pit. I was hauling waste with the ATV and saw it launch itself as soon as it heard me. It ran fast and I chased after it to try to identify it.... I saw it two more times, first with its back legs extended, 'flying low' through the underbrush... then again 'flying' through the brush headed for the road. I didn't mean to scare it, of course, but I then ran down to the road, of course, to not see it. It was solid gold color, about the height of my Elkhound.
In reprocessing it , it was possibly a young (yearling?) cat (cougar?). I later saw a dead domestic cat, reminding me that the gold one was at least 3x the size of the domestic cat. Tonight I have the field cameras out, just in case we can grab a photo of it.

Photo: an unidentified animal near the front gate, a favorite spot for the wildlife... a trail crossing... a deer? a fat coyote? don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment