Thursday, April 29, 2010

Routines


Photo:   Afternoon Walk with Skinny, Sierra and Buddy

Someone asked me yesterday how a beginner knows what to do when they come here.
The answer is:  the dogs know.   They love their routines, whether it's hooking up to run or going for an afternoon walk... whatever it is, they know when it is their turn.  There are so many things they know that it fascinating to watch them as I move from pen to pen each day.   They know who gets to run free,
who gets tied out, who is tied for feeding.   Generally, they expect me to get into my truck at about 1PM to go for supplies. They expect me to return before 3 PM.  We do change their routines to alleviate boredom, especially in the summer months.  But, routines help us to get it all done, each day.  And they cooperate when they know what to expect.   What great dogs they all are.

No comments:

Post a Comment